G

His Majesty's Dragon
Naomi Novik
The Border
Robert R. McCammon
Walter the Farting Dog - William Kotzwinkle, Glenn Murray, Audrey Colman Spoilers ahead: The very title of this book sounds disgusting, but let me tell you, all three of my little girls have loved this series. Basically, Walter is a dog loved by the children in his household, but barely put up with by the parents. He has some gastrointestinal issues: a massive FLATUS problem that he really can't help. Walter has so upset the parents in his family that they are on the verge of giving him away, when he ends up not only saving the family (burglars) but showing everyone that even though he has some gas issues, he is a worthwhile dog. My kids tend to laugh throughout these books, and the illustrations are beautiful. Also, as a little bonus, there is a tiny spider strategically placed on each page of this series, and my girls love to find this hidden spider after we read the page. It isn't Charles Dickens, but it is loads of fun to read to children, especially when it causes so many giggles.